Sunday, January 17, 2010

The end of an era.

I have been a poor son of a blogger these past few months. I began many a blog/writing/note, yet my words never made it from paper to screen. But it isn't too late! I have seven days to catch you up on some observations, experiences, and other things I've written on as the time has gone by. I'll be sure to include the date of these little things, and I'll try to visit daily. Come travel back in time with me.

Voices (December 14, 2009)

Nestled in a corner upon a ferry island-bound, notes of dreamy voices from a distant place and time lulled me fast asleep. I saw golden temples bustling with orange robed monks, locals kneeling, hands prayerfully high for Siddartha. Incense offerings even blew through the boat cabin. I inched my eyes open a few moments later only to be delighted that in fact, I wasn’t dreaming up these spiritual sounds. Aged Thai lovers chanted prayers to one another quietly, a perfect companion to my sleep.

No comments: