Monday, January 12, 2009

Sawahdeeka, friends!

Hello, hello, from Surat Thani, Thailand!

I write to you, suffering from a serious case of jet lag and culture shock. But all is well and beautiful here! The charm and character of my city is incredible, and I cannot wait to share all that I experience with you, my loyal blog followers!

My travels were ridiculously long (24 hours too long), but smooth. And I am happy to have arrived in my new home. Today I have the afternoon to explore, so I'll take my camera and snap a few shots for you.

Instead of blogging a novel, I would just like to share a few things with you, to give you a peek into this new life of mine:

-I don't wear shoes at my job.
-Birds in wooden cages line my street, Chonkasem.
-I saw my first monk on the airplane and haven't seen one since. (not what I would've expected).
-I live in a big house nicknamed "The Big House".
-I had catfish salad for dinner last night.

Sorry to cut this short- but I've got to get out of the office and into the sun. Jealous?

I'll post photos soon!

PS- Write me! @...
Mathus Language School
359/31 Chonkasem Rd, Makham Tia, Muang,
Suratthani, Thailand 84000

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I miss you. Will write soon.
xoxo.

Pray for me. Re: the kids... read my blog! ah!

I'm praying for you.